32 - Dave Ward
Talk with Dave Ward about the Master jQuery series on Tekpub and caching on Google CDN, etc.
Host: Ralph Whitbeck & Rey Bango.
Our guest this week is Dave Ward (http://encosia.com), who is the co-host of the Tekpub video series on jQuery, Mastering jQuery. We talk about the Tekpub series as well as caching lengths with the Google CDN and Microsoft CDN amoungst other CDN features. We also learn when you shouldn’t wait for the document to ready to fire off your jQuery code.
Links from the show
- jQuery Mobile
- jQuery Conference 2010: Boston (archived)
- Polymorphic Podcast – jQuery Secrets with Dave Ward
- Master jQuery on TekPub (archived) – by Dave Ward and James Avery (11 episodes, released December 2009)
- 3 reasons why you should let Google host jQuery for you (archived)
- Using CDN Hosted jQuery with a Local Fall-back Copy by Jon Galloway
- Caching and Google’s Ajax Libraries API — Cache your jQuery by Paul Irish
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- The Official Guide to HTML5 Boilerplate – Paul Irish on Nettuts
- Do you know about this undocumented Google CDN feature? (archived)
- Documentation on jQuery UI Themes hosted on Google CDN – lower right side
- Don’t let jQuery $(document).ready() slow you down (archived)