17 - jQuery UI 1.8
We talked last week with the jQuery UI team right before the launch of jQuery UI 1.8, Richard D. Worth, Scott Gonzalez, Mike Hostetler and Doug Neiner filled in for Elijah. We discuss the final release of jQuery UI 1.8.
Host: Ralph Whitbeck & Elijah Manor.
We had the chance to sit down with the jQuery UI team last week, right before they launched jQuery UI 1.8 final. We talked with them about the updated Widget Factory framework, new widgets, Autocomplete and Button. We also talk about the new utility plugin called Position and the new fade effect.
The Infrastructure team gives an update on the ThemeRoller and Download builder. And we wrap up with a look at the teams plan ahead.
This episode was recorded a week ealier then when it was released so some things that are mentioned already happened, like the planning weekend in Boston and the move to Github. Also, Doug Neiner filled in for Elijah as he was flying back from MIX 10.
- What’s new in jQuery UI 1.8
- Widget Factory has been refactored
- widget factory pulled out of ui core – works without ui core
- mouse widget pulled out of ui core
- New Widgets
- New Utility
- Demo: Position
- Demo: New Fade effect
- jQuery UI Download Builder and ThemeRoller
- Update on the scalability issues
- Plans for future updates
- Total rewrite to make it more scalable for future releases
- stand alone tool
- working on proof of concepts around previewing image colors with canvas
- open source considerations for ThemeRoller, https://github.com/jquery/jquery-ui-themeroller
- Server Infrastrucuture
- clustered servers
- scalable VM’s to as many as needed.
- Future Plans
Bay Area jQuery Conference 2010
This weeks podcast is brought to you by the Bay Area jQuery Conference 2010. Have you got your tickets to this amazing event yet? Would your company be interested in sponsoring the conference? Don’t wait, this event is sure to sell out fast!