9 - David Artz, Aol.
We took the opportunity to sit down with David Artz and discuss how jQuery is used at Aol.
Host: Ralph Whitbeck & Elijah Manor.
In this prerecorded episode from Washington DC, we sit down with David Artz, Director of Website Optimization at Aol. David talks to us about the conviences and challenges of using jQuery at the enterprise level.
- Who is David Artz?
- Director of Website Optimization
- Manage front-end development best practices (speed, SEO).
- jQuery Performance Rules blog post.
- How Aol. currently uses jQuery
- Plugins that Aol uses
- Challenges Corporations like Aol face by using jQuery at the enterprise level
- How can companies contribute back to jQuery
Plugin of the week
We have a little fun this week and play the new theme music for Ben Alman’s plugins. You might remember Ben from episode 6.
Tutorial of the Week
Elijah recommends that you watch all of Paul Irish’s jQuery 1.4 Hawtness videos.
- The New Hotness #1 (Day 5)
- The New Hotness #2 (Day 7)
- The New Hotness #3 (Day 9)
- The New Hotness #4 (Day 10)
- The New Hotness #5 (Day 12)
- The New Hotness #6 (Day 13)
In addition, Elijah also recommends Ralph’s recent jQuery 1.4 Gives Us a New Way to Zebra Stripe blog post.
Even though this example isn’t the most efficient way to do zebra striping, it is a good example that demonstrates the new setter function that is now available in many methods in jQuery.